Adaptor Unions / Female NPSM Pipe Swivel Ends
- Inspect components for damage or contamination.
- Check for 30 degree female seat on male pipe end.
- Align tube/hose to mating swivel allowing hand connection. To assure proper alignment, two to three turns of nut should be easily permitted.
- Tighten swivel nut to recommended torque listed in the following table.
- Refer to the appropriate assembly instruction for adapter union port ends, i.e.: male pipe, female pipe or 0-Ring straight thread.
- Female NPSM pipe swivels seal on the male nose of the female swivel end and the 30 degree female seat on the male pipe end. The NPSM swivel nut uses a straight mechanical pipe thread and is not a sealing member.
- Ensure that the male pipe end to be assembled has been machined with the optional 30 degree female seat. A standard 45 degree chamfer will not seal properly.