General Labor - Job Description
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D., and successful completion of Air-Way training program.
Location: Olivet, MI / Hamilton, IN
Employment Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Production Supervisor / Assistant Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Summary: The Utility position is responsible for providing production support in all areas of the production floor.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Practice safe work procedures.
- Follow Air-Way written work instructions and procedures relative to the position.
- Follow Company 5-S procedures and guidelines and maintain clean and organized work station.
- Perform stock and material handling responsibilities.
- Operate overhead crane, if certified by Company, to unload steel trucks.
- Perform steel hauling responsibilities, if certified by Company, using fork-truck.
- Sort and rework as needed, that could include filing, sanding or grinding.
- Use go-no gages as necessary.
- Cut slugs with saw.
- Assist machine operators with the loading of steel into machines.
- Lock and load on CNC machines.
- Chamfer parts at machines as necessary.
- Take care of steel chips by hauling bins from machines to chip spinner.
- Clean machines, including pumping out oil and coolant as necessary.
- Cleaning responsibilities that include mopping, restrooms and general housekeeping.
- Train other employees as necessary.
- Follow ENV work instructions relative to cleaning up oil and coolant spills and handling of mop heads, mop water reclamation unit, and mop buckets.
- Understand Company’s Quality and Environmental Policies.
- Employees in all classifications are encouraged to submit ideas on how to improve processes and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must exhibit basic math and reading skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to comprehend work instructions.
- Work well under time constraints and pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to follow direction from supervision.
- Personal protective equipment is required, including safety-toed shoes or boots.
- The majority of time performing this job is spent standing at a machine.
- The employee is frequently required to walk to other machines.
- The employee must have 20-20 or corrected vision to operate machinery, visually inspect parts for non-conformances, and detect correct fitting configurations.
- The employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must be able to frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- The employee must be able to bend, push, pull, and turn.
This position works in factory environment that can be oily, noisy, and warm.
This position has no travel requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.