Allocation Job Description
Desired Expertise: Multi-tasking abilities
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D., and successful completion of Air-Way training program.
Location: Edgerton, Ohio (Apply Now)
Employment Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Regular work schedule may vary depending on shift and overtime requirements.
- 1st shift regular hours are 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
- May be required to start as early as 5:00 a.m. or additional hours past 3:30 p.m. as necessary.
- 2nd shift regular hours are 3:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. (Monday-Friday)
- May be required to start earlier in the day, or work additional hours past 12:00 a.m. as necessary
- Must be able to work weekends as necessary.
Reports to: Department/Shift Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Description: Allocation
Position Summary: This position is responsible for allocating customer orders.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Practice safe work procedures, proper lifting technique.
- Follow Air-Way written work instructions and procedures relative to the position.
- Allocate product to customer orders.
- Operate scales.
- Operate motorized hand-lift to move product.
- Visually inspect product to verify part number matches label.
- Identify non-conforming product.
- Train other employees as necessary.
- Understand Company Quality and Environmental Policies.
- Employees in all classifications are encouraged to submit ideas on how to improve processes and procedures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must exhibit basic math, reading and writing skills
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to comprehend work instructions.
- Work well under time constraints and pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to follow directionfrom supervision.
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively with all employees and management.
- Must be able to learn, comprehend and navigate computer applications, i.e. AS-400, Microsoft Word Documents.
- The majority of time performing this job is spent standing.
- The employee is frequently required to walk throughout the production floor.
- The employee must have 20-20 or corrected vision to inspect product and find non-conformities.
- The employee is required to use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must be able to frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- The employee must be able to bend, push, pull, crouch and turn.
This position works in warehouse environment that can be warm.
There are no travel requirements for this positions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.