Minimum Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D., and successful completion of Air-Way training program.
Desired Experience: 3 years of CNC experience, preferably with Haas lathes and Fanuc and/or Siemens controls.
Employment Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Regular work schedule may vary depending on shift and overtime requirements.
- 1st shift regular hours are 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
- May be required to start as early as 5:00 a.m. or additional hours past 3:30 p.m. as necessary.
- 2nd shift regular hours are 3:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. (Monday-Friday)
- May be required to start earlier in the day, or work additional hours past 12:00 a.m. as necessary
- Must be able to work weekends as necessary.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Summary: The CNC Operator is responsible for setting up and running CNC machines within the classification and producing good parts that will pass inspection.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Practice safe work procedures.
- Follow written ISO 9001 and 14001 work instructions and procedures relative to the position.
- Read prints.
- Take measurements.
- Getting materials for production and maintain tool inventories.
- Grind tools as necessary.
- Use proper tooling to operate and set up CNC machines on the line.
- Operate multiple machines in the discretion of the Company.
- Perform daily servicing of machines.
- Troubleshoot basic machine, tooling and program problems.
- Maintain proper coolant levels.
- Chart or input data into Micronite at required levels.
- Track and end required reporting information as directed by management and published work instructions and procedures.
- Train other employees as necessary.
- Understand Company’s Quality Policy and objectives.
- Understand the Company’s Environmental Policy and objectives.
- Meet standard production rates established by management.
- Follow 5S + Safety practices.
- Employees in all classifications are encouraged to submit ideas on how to improve processes and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must exhibit basic math and reading skills
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to comprehend work instructions.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints and pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to follow direction from supervision.
- Personnel protective equipment is required, including safety-toed shoes or boots
- Must be able to troubleshoot.
- The majority of time performing this job is spent standing at a machine for long periods.
- The employee is frequently required to walk throughout the shop to other machines.
- The employee must have 20-20 or corrected vision to operate machinery, visually inspect parts for non-conformances, and detect correct fitting configurations.
- The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must be able to frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- The employee must be able to bend, push, pull, crouch and turn.
- This position works in factory environment that can be oily, noisy, and warm.
Travel Requirements: This position has no travel requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.